One of the most common complaints of webmasters is that maintaining a dynamic website takes too much time. You have to format new content in HTML, modify all the pages that have changed, and upload them to the server. If multiple people are trying to update a website, mistakes can happen that waste your time.
We created Article Manager® seedot Content Management Software with you, the overworked webmaster, in mind. You set up the software once, configure the templates, and then use the web-based content management system to update your site from any web browser in the world. Whether you need to add new content, remove pages, upload images, or change the formatting, the software lets you do it quickly and without unnecessary mistakes.
The user administration system allows you to authorize many writers to help you update your website. Give them permission to change the site directly, or have them reviewed by an editor first.
We will customize to look more like your website. If you’re spending time maintaining your website, then Article Manager® can save you hours of work.
It’s packed with every content management feature you could need, works on virtually every website in the world. We install it for free; upgrades are free; and support is free.
- Save time and money by keeping articles and headlines fresh and up-to-date - without hundreds of HTML changes and FTP uploads.
- Perfect for any website where you constantly update articles, news, headlines, and editorials.
- Easily customize the look and feel of your website.
- Use unlimited Subcategories to organize your content and navigation.
- Supports multiple users with different access levels and permissions.
- *UPDATED! - New cross-browser WYSIWYG editor (like MS Word) lets you format content with no HTML skills.
Supports both Windows & Mac OS X browsers: Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.7+, and Netscape 7.1+
Internet Explorer 5.5+ (Windows only)
- Easy to install. We do it for you for free.
- Lets trusted users maintain content on a website, no HTML required.
- The administration/publishing interface is web browser-based, so it can be accessed from anywhere.
- The site design can be completely customized.
- The administration interface is completely customizable too. Edit all the admin templates to rebrand the look and feel of Article Manager for your clients, or translate it into another language.
- You’ve got complete control.
- Archiving feature. Gather your older articles into archives to improve performance.
- Format content with no HTML skills using the WYSIWYG editor (like MS Word) (requires IE 5.5+ on Windows).
- Publish articles without any HTML/technical knowledge.
- The system auto-dates new articles, or you can change the date manually.
- You can publish different kinds of articles:
Full Article: summary on category page and then a link to a full article on its own page.
Summary only: just a summary on the category page.
Internet URL: summary and then a link to an outside website.
Uploaded file: summary and then a link to a document (like a PDF, spreadsheet, or Word Document).
- Write articles in plain text, HTML...
... or use our WYSIWYG editor (like MS Word) to create articles with word processor-like formatting.
- Change the font type, colour and size, bold, italics or underline.
- Justify text right, left or centre.
- Create bulleted or numbered lists.
- Indent or unindent paragraphs.
- Insert horizontal lines, hyperlinks, and images
*UPDATED! - New cross-browser WYSIWYG editor lets you format content with no HTML skills.
- Supports both Windows & Mac OS X browsers:
Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.7+, and Netscape 7.1+ Internet Explorer 5.5+ (Windows only)
- Preview the article before publishing it to the website.
- Upload unlimited images to embed within the article.
- Organize your categories into Subcategories.
- Accomodate any depth of subcategories.
- Publish your articles across entire category branches or restrict them to specified categories.
- Sort the categories into any order you like.
- Search for categories in the administration system to access them quickly.
- Customize the number of articles and headlines displayed for each category.
- Quickly search any content published with Article Manager.
- Search for articles in all categories or only specific categories.
- Let other websites incorporate your content to extend your reach.
- Syndicating webmasters add the code once to their website and it will stay current. Whenever your website is updated, all the syndicate sites are updated at the same time.
- Customize the font, size, colour to match the syndicate’s website design.
- Manage users and give them different access levels:
Admin: complete control over the system.
Editor: able to approve other people’s articles.
Trusted writer: able to add articles to the website
- Give each writer their own username/password so they can log into the system.
- Add new article publishing fields (up to 20 spare fields).
- Set restrictions on content that can be uploaded by users (eg: document types, max image sizes, etc).
- Set up how you want articles to sort (ie, by date, or some custom field).
- Customize published locations for documents and images.
- Customize the login images, title bar, footer bar, meta tags
- Create/delete archives and transfer articles back and forth.
seedot Article Manager® uses a password protected login screen, securing your articles from unwanted users.
Create an Article
Creating a new article is easy - enter the article’s content and click save. Articles are either submitted for review or instantly published to the website.
The list page makes it easy for editors to find and manage articles.
Administrators can create or edit article categories, and customize individual categories
Configure User Accounts
Administrators can create user accounts with different access levels, and allow them to create articles in any category or limit them to selected categories.
The index page lists the newest articles, linking to the full article pages.
In the Category Editor, Administrators can see the list of categories and the subcategory relationships. From this screen you can adjust the sorting order of the categories, and delete or modify individual entries.
The article page shows the complete article. Unlimited images can be uploaded and included in the article’s content or summary.